Come and join us for the Croft 5k event, a unique opportunity to run around the very popular Croft circuit.
A flat and fast course that is ideal for all runners looking to enjoy a fun, and safe, environment with your friends and family. With the addition of the kids Fun Run (ages 8 to 15), there really is something for all the family.
Prizes will be awarded for the top males and females. There will also be age cat prizes for V40/50/60+
A flat and fast traffic free course. Everyone finishes in the finishing straight on this historic race circuit.
Limited late entries may be available.
By entering this event, you should make yourself aware of, and accept, our Refund Policy
When & Where
Saturday 4th December 2021
Croft Circuit, West Ln, Dalton-on-Tees, Darlington DL2 2PL (view external)
|Event||Registration||Start||Cost Per Entry|
|From 0945||1100||£10.00 (Affiliated)|
|2k Fun Run |
(Age 8 to 15)
Both races will be mass starts
Numbers are to be collected from the main reception area. Please be aware of your number before going to the pickup desk (see below). Please bring a pen/pencil to write your emergency contact details and any essential medical information on the back of your number. Pins will be available if you should forget to bring some with you.
There will NOT be a chip on the back of your number; the race will be manually timed with runners set off in one wave on the day.
Once you have your number please ensure your warm up is not impacting any athletes who may be finishing their race.
Note: there will be a sanitising station available for athletes in the reception area
We have a huge amount of parking available at the race track and with races being broken down into smaller groups there should be ample space for all participants. The toilets outside of the number collection point will be open for use from 9:30.
Course Measurements / Start & Finish
Map below is the 5k outline with the start position for the 2k race on the track adjacent to the finish line . Please note, running off the racing line could add additional metres (think corner to corner rather than running around bends) which would impact your overall time. Course has been measured several times and double checked for accuracy but please appreciate GPS on watches may give various readings, but the course is accurately measured by approved officials.
When you have crossed the finish line, you will be signposted to the exit. Please collect your medal on you way out, where water will also be available for you.
Could we ask that if you intend to do a cool down that this is out of the race circuit away from the athletes still competing on the course.
All results pertaining to this event, and others, can be found on our Results page.
UKA Participant Code of Conduct
Please ensure that you read and observe this code of conduct to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for everyone.
- Do not travel to the event if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the NHS
- Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing information offered by your event
- Come ready to run – minimise your interaction with race staff, volunteers and participants by being as self-sufficient as possible
- Come alone if you can
- Under no circumstances swap your number or give your place to another participant
- Be respectful to volunteers and participants
- Observe social distancing wherever possible
- Carefully consider your travel plans, avoiding public transport if at all possible
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event
- Be prepared to bring your own water and food and carry it with you during the race and please dispose of rubbish responsibly
- Be aware of your personal hygiene e.g. avoid spitting and nasal clearance
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other participants, spectators, volunteers and the public. Don’t run with or carry children in the race.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms soon after the event, then please make this known through the government’s Track & Trace system
Click HERE for further guideline downloads